03/05/2013

Fiafia By Kingston


Fiafia 2013

"And now we have the group from the Rock of Polynesia", announced Gabriel. As soon as I heard that, I was ready to Rock 'n' Roll.

As the conch shell blew, eight fierce warriors approached the stage, and the crowd became silent. Those warriors shouted out "Koe kau ne hau, koe kau ne hau", meaning "the enemy is coming, the enemy is coming". Then a group of girls followed with a loud "Talage ke hau, talage ke hau", meaning "tell them to come, tell them to come". From then on the Niuean group rocked the stage.

As the performance went on, it made me feel that we were the best group. I wondered what the crowds response was. I reckon that the Niuean haka set the bar for all the other groups. We were loud and strong.

I was the leader of the Niuean group. I reckon I did well, and I felt proud of myself. After the performance I knew that my family were proud of me. The whole team did well, and I think it was cool that my mum and Ms Lavakula could take the whole group and teach us the actions and songs.

All the other groups did well but I still think we were the best!!

1 comment:

Viliami said...

you boys look strong and hansom.